Lead Deep Learning Scientist
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
You will join the AI Product team that works on Preligens imagery product, as a lead deep learning scientist and people manager. The principal team mission is to provide and guarantee operational object detection and classification performances for the product. To that end, you will lead one or several projects that aim to develop or improve a specific algorithm.
Simultaneously, you will have the responsibility to manage 4 members of the AI production team.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
Leading the technical part of the development of an algorithm: technical choices, technical meeting animation, technical roadmap, etc.
Working closely with the algorithm product manager so that the technical choices and roadmap are aligned with the product goals and client needs
You will report to the head of AI imagery product
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
Developing, training and testing the deep learning algorithms using our internal AI framework. Trying to adapt the latest innovations developed by our AI Research team into production
Coming up with new creative and innovative ideas to push forward the performance of our algorithms
Contributing to our AI framework, maintained by our AI Engineering team Manage a team of four members in the AI production team: Develop the juniors and tech leads in the team by providing regular feedback and coachingPropose organizational / good practices / tools improvementsDefine team pain points to improve its efficiencyDiffuse the company valuesDiffuse technical knowledge and good practices inside the team
Participating in the scaling and recruitment process of the AI production team
Plan team events, team meetings in coordination with the whole AI S-Cube team
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
- At least 3 years of experience in data science (most of it in deep learning)
- Education in the field of data science / deep learning / computer vision (Master degree, or PHD)
- Very good understanding of deep learning techniques, especially CNNs for Segmentation and Object DetectionGood skills in Python
- Proven experience in delivery as technical leader in complex projects using agile development methods
- Proven experience in managing or coaching technical leads or at least junior several profiles.
- Excellent organizational skills, autonomy, and reporting capabilitiesRigorous, creative and meticulous mind
- Willingness to take on challenges, show resiliency and like to always learn new skills
- Strong knowledge in traditional Computer Vision techniques
- Proficiency with docker
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience in packaging and delivering models into production