Junior Machine Learning Engineer - Rennes
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
You will join the AI Engineering team of the Rennes center that works on Preligens imagery product, as a junior Machine Learning Engineer. The team’s main mission is to provide and guarantee operational object detection and classification performances for the product.
Your objective will be to further improve our state-of-the-art AI framework so that the Deep Learning Scientists can push forward the performance of our AI-based algorithms.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
Preligens is growing and opening a center in Rennes to develop innovative AI algorithms and provide cutting edge solutions to our sovereign clients. In this context we are recruiting a brilliant Machine Learning Engineer to improve our AI framework and contribute to Machine Learning algorithms development.
You will both contribute to the development of new capabilities and features into our AI framework, and contribute to one or several projects that aim to develop or improve a specific algorithm.
You will report to the director of AI Engineering of the Rennes center.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
● Developing and integrating in our AI framework the state-of-the-art methods of the Deep Learning literature or innovations from our AI R&D team (especially in the fields of segmentation, object detection, ensembling, and active/continuous learning).
● Ensuring the code quality of our AI framework, by applying good practices and by coaching others
● Contributing to the specifications of our AI framework to improve productivity.
● Coming up with new ideas to push forward the performances of our AI framework.
● Understanding the needs and expectations for the detectors to improve in order to help to plan new developments.
● Developing, training and testing the deep learning algorithms using our AI framework.
● Coming up with new ideas to push forward the performance of our algorithms.
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
We are looking for an open-minded individual with impressive skills, a proven track record. The skills listed below are key to be up to this challenge.
● Education in the field of Data Science / Deep Learning or Software Engineering (Master degree)
● At least 2 years of experience in Machine Learning Engineering (previous job, internships, online courses, personal side projects, etc.)
● Very Good coding skills in Python
● Good understanding of DL techniques, especially CNNs for Segmentation and Object Detection
● Rigorous, creative and meticulous mind
● Very good organizational skills, autonomy, and reporting capabilities.
● Willingness to take on challenges, show resiliency and like to always learn new skills
● Strong knowledge in Computer Vision
● Proficiency with docker
● Experience working with remote sensing images
● Experience working in a startup environment
● Skills in SQL, elasticsearch and JS